Montserrat & Cava Tour with personal pick-up from your cruise ship
Full Day Small Group Tour to discover the beautiful Montserrat and taste a real Cava
Your driver will take you to the famous mountain monastery of Montserrat, which is said by some to be the location of the Holy Grail.
This small-group tour starts with a personal pick-up at the cruise port of Barcelona, where other passengers will join you for a full day exploration of the wonderful sights and its surroundings. The group size is 4-12 persons only.
You’ll leave the city to visit the Benedictine Abbey of Montserrat. Perched high on a mountain of the same name, the Abbey can be reached by road, cable car, and rack railway. It is also accessible by a 4,000-foot hike.
Your driver will take you up to the top so you can enjoy the impressive views. If you’re lucky, your visit may coincide with a performance by La Escalonia, the oldest children's choir in Europe.
After the Montserrat you will visit the Cava country of Catalonia and learn about the secrets of our national drink (our version of the French Champagne). You’ll get a guided tour inside a local Cava producer (winery) and you will learn all about Cava making. Enjoy cava tasting as well!
At the end of the tour we will take you anywhere you need to go (cruise port, hotel, airport,…) – and if you bring your luggage with you then we will safely store it in the vehicle during the tour.
- Pick up and drop off at your cruise ship in Barcelona cruise port
- Prepare for great views of Catalonia from the top of Montserrat
- Visit the Benedictine Abbey of Montserrat, perched high on a mountain
- Complimentary Cava tasting
- Round-trip Transportation
- Admission to Montserrat Park
- English speaking driver/guide (*)
- Cava tasting
- Toll roads
- All taxes
- Tips optional
- We may change the tour slightly from one day to another, especially during holidays or days of unexpected traffic, strikes (which happen too often!)
- You can bring your luggage with you if you wish to be dropped-off somewhere else. We will store your luggage safely in the vehicle while we do the tour.
- We do not raise prices on busy days and we have a very flexible booking policy so it is worthwhile to try and reserve your spot early. We have limited availability and we will get fully booked on many days in the high season.
- The tour requires a minimum of 4 persons.
TOUR GUIDE (*)
- If the total number of participants is 7 persons - touring with an English-speaking driver-guide
- If the total number of participants is 8-12 persons - touring with a driver + English-speaking guide
When a reservation is made, it is confirmed IMMEDIATELY. Once you have completed the booking, you’ll receive a confirmation voucher by email.
Easy booking, immediate confirmation, great service.
Price 89 euro pp
Personal pick up at your ship at Barcelona cruise port. The driver/guide will wait for you with a signboard with your name.