Lanzarote South tour: Volcano day trip to Timanfaya
Lanzarote is built on fire and lava On this tour you will discover the area destroyed by the volcanoes of the eighteenth century, and one of the main natural attractions of the island, the Timanfaya National Park
In the Hilario Islet, already in the Timanfaya National Park, we will appreciate with three experiments the high temperatures that are still recorded in shallow due to the geothermal anomalies of the zone. You can see how the heat of the earth is used for cooking and enjoy the views from the windows of the Restaurant El Diablo, a work of Cesar Manrique. It will be from the Islet of Hilario, from where we will leave by bus to make the impressive Route of the Volcanoes that takes us through the most protected area of the national park.
During the excursion we also visit the coast of Timanfaya making a first photographic stop in Los Hervideros, cliffs where the sea crashes hard creating a visual spectacle of great beauty and a second stop in El Golfo,one of the most beautiful volcanoes in the Canary Islands, to enjoy the views over the green lagoon or Charco de los Clicos.
On the way to La Geria, we will enjoy a panoramic view of the Salinas de Janubio, from the beginning of the 19th century, considered the most important salt pans of the Canaries. In La Geria, you can appreciate the vines cultures and taste the Lanzarote wine.
- You will visit: the National Park of Timanfaya, the Islet of Hilario, the Route of the Volcanoes, the volcano El Golfo, the cliffs Hervideros and the wine district of La Geria
- Air-conditioned transport
- Local Guide Service
- Entrace fee to the National Park of Timanfaya
- Small bottle of water
- Camel ride. The cost is € 6.00 per person and it is paid directly at the camel station
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Do not forget to bring the camera
Arrecife cruise port